Saddam Hussein is suing George W. Bush and Tony Blair:
The suit accuses Bush and Blair of committing war crimes by using weapons of mass destruction and internationally-banned weapons including enriched uranium and phosphoric and cluster bombs against unarmed Iraqi civilians, notably in Baghdad, Fallujah, Ramadi, al-Kaem and Anbar.
The Amman-based legal team had said Sunday that the ousted president intended to start legal action against the two leaders of the Iraq war in the International Criminal Court in the Hague, but the text of the suit was made available Wednesday.
The suit also accuses the U.S. president and British prime minister of torturing Iraqi prisoners, destroying Iraq’s cultural heritage with the aim of eliminating an ancient civilization, and inciting internal strife.
Bush and Blair were also accused of polluting Iraq’s air, waters and environment.
And just to make sure we understand the full extent of the irony:
Reasons we invaded Iraq:
1) Saddam was pursuing nuclear weapons. (Not true, and Bush has plenty of nuclear weapons).
2) Saddam killed a lot of Iraqis. (Bush: check)
3) Saddam used chemical weapons to kill Iraqis. (Bush: check)
4) Saddam tortured Iraqis. (Bush: check)
5) Saddam supported terrorism. (Bush’s actions have strengthened recruitment for terrorist organizations and increased terrorist incidents).
I’d be perfectly happy if both Bush and Hussein were bunkmates in the Hague.