A quick review of the blogosphere this morning gives us some hope for an improvement in the fortunes of those of us seeking to “fight back” in order to “take back” our country.
1. The push-back on the NSA spying story is becoming more bi-partisan: “Republican Who Oversees N.S.A. Calls for Wiretap Inquiry.”
2. Some Dems are starting to figure what’s not working: “Some Democrats Are Sensing Missed Opportunities.” My favorite quote: “Democrats said they had not yet figured out how to counter the White House’s long assault on their national security credentials.”
3. John Murtha! The blogosphere’s favorite Democratic Hawk is getting hugs and kisses from Arianna and John at Crooks and Liars.
4. We’re thinking about strategy NOW for the 2006 national elections: “Our Message In 2006: Republicans Control Congress,” from Chris Bowers.
5. Two Words: Helen Thomas. I know it’s asking too much from Helen to be responsible for regularly kicking the Scottie’s ass, but until she gets more help from her colleagues, let’s be very appreciative.
OK, I know I may be accused of being overly optimistic, but I am trying to overcome my usual cynical tendency to focus on the “tunnel at the end of the light.” Have a great day!