So the thug is concerned about the deleterious effects of journalists and columnists on political affairs. Get thee to a handkerchief to dry those crocodile tears Herr Rove.
Here are two Karl Rove quotes from Will Lester’s July 29, 2006 article (http://tinyurl.com/o9qoq) for the Associated Press.
“Some decry the professional role of politics, they would like to see it disappear…”Some argue political professionals are ruining American politics trapping candidates in daily competition for the news cycle instead of long-term strategic thinking in the best interest of the country…”
“…It’s odd to me that most of these critics are journalists and columnists…Perhaps they don’t like sharing the field of play. Perhaps they want to draw attention away from the corrosive role their coverage has played focusing attention on process and not substance…There are some in politics who hold that voters are dumb, ill informed and easily misled. that voters can be manipulated by a clever ad or a smart mind…I’ve seen this cynicism over the years from political professionals and journalists. American people are not policy wonks, but they have great instincts and try to do the right thing.”
Ah, the rapist of the body politic pointing fingers and not a word from his mouth of his own sordid history of despoilment.
Are my words too harsh? Not if you ask the following people. Read about these events covered by Joshua Green in his November 2004 article (http://tinyurl.com/4mcko) in The Atlantic Monthly.
* Ask Mark Kennedy, an Alabama judge who was the victim of a Rove whispering campaign that ‘revealed’ Kennedy, a highly respected juvenile and family court judge, as a pedophile
* Ask Mark White, who was the victim of a ‘recording device’ Rove ‘discovered’ in his (Rove’s office)–this ‘finding’ helped turn the tide against White and for Rove’s Texas gubernatorial candidate.
* Ask Ann Richards about the not-so-veiled lesbian whisper campaign against her.
* Ask John Kerry about being ‘Swift-boated.’
* I would tell you to ask John McCain about the scurrilous attacks against his wife and daughter prior to the South Carolina primary in 2000 but he probably won’t talk now that he needs the help of Rove and George Bush. Priorities are, after all, priorities. Bush, our unquantified Christian leader, ‘consoled’ McCain about these blasphemies against his family during a debate with “It’s just politics, John.” Hey, it’s just nails Jesus.
Yes, Karl Rove, the best buddy of primo compartmentalizer George W. Bush, escapes any and all wrath or correction from his boss or anyone in the mainstream press for pulverizing that ‘thou shall not bear false witness’ commandment deemed so important to righteous George’s religious faith. When the press accepts hypocrisy as a skill of the trade or a given…
It’s been the ultimate of Faustian bargains–can’t you picture Bush and Rove saying to each other: “he completes me”?
Yes, a cancerous bond made in hell. A twining that not only endorses the most sordid of lowest common denominators but insists on lowering the bar.
Why not make it a troika and exhume Joseph Goebbels and his ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda?
Forget the slamming of political journalists. The cynicism and destructive factor of Rove and Bush hath no bottom or equal.