Unrelenting good press for Barack Obama and John McCain has a predictable result: they wind up ahead in the polls. Anyone who thinks the bigfoot press doesn’t have the biggest say in who our presidents are, is loopy on dope. John Edwards needs to learn how to butter up the press corp a lot better if he wants to be the president…sad, but true.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
- The Real Hidden Weakness of Sanders’ Campaign 11 comments | posted on February 24, 2020
- Sanders is On the Cusp 17 comments | posted on February 22, 2020
- Should Chris Matthews Be Fired For Comparing Sanders to Nazis? 11 comments | posted on February 23, 2020
- The Biden-Sanders Finale I Predicted Is Shaping Up 7 comments | posted on February 26, 2020
- The Arrogance of Michael Bloomberg 7 comments | posted on February 27, 2020
- This Week is Ruining My Childhood 10 comments | posted on February 27, 2020
- Trump Would Probably Benefit from a Coronavirus Pandemic 6 comments | posted on February 26, 2020
- Oregon Republicans Walk Out Again to Thwart Climate Legislation 5 comments | posted on February 24, 2020
- The Ineffective Surveillance State 3 comments | posted on February 25, 2020
- The Nevada Caucuses Will Be a Giant Disaster 3 comments | posted on February 21, 2020