John Edwards has a lot of gall to run for president and ask for our support when he knows full well that his entire candidacy can blow up at any moment if his extramarital affair is exposed. What if he had won the nomination? What if we had a nominee that carried out an affair as recently as 2006 with a campaign staffer that he steered PAC money to, despite her lack of qualifications, to make campaign videos? John Edwards is an asshole. Only an asshole would presume to take up the banner of the left knowing full well all the time that his own personal life is a ticking time bomb that can crush all the aspirations of the left. I feel bad for Elizabeth and for his family but I don’t really care about that. He attempted to betray the entire left in this country when he presumed to become our nominee. I’m pissed.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
- State of the Race: Almost All Positive 14 comments | posted on October 21, 2020
- New Coronavirus Spike is Hitting Trump in the Polls 22 comments | posted on October 19, 2020
- Is Arizona Already Blue? 14 comments | posted on October 17, 2020
- Does Trump Know Why He Can’t Answer the Pre-Existing Condition Question? 11 comments | posted on October 22, 2020
- Third Party Candidates Could Determine Control of the Senate 4 comments | posted on October 19, 2020
- There’s No Alternate Universe Where Trump Was a Better President 8 comments | posted on October 16, 2020
- Bill Stepien’s Stiff Upper Lip 8 comments | posted on October 16, 2020
- Why Won’t Mitch McConnell Explain What’s Wrong With His Health? 9 comments | posted on October 23, 2020
- Working At Fox News Can Taint You Forever 2 comments | posted on October 15, 2020
- Ben Sasse Speaks Up, So Why Don’t the Other Republican Senators? 2 comments | posted on October 15, 2020