Yeah, there is basically no way that the president can pass his climate change agenda through the Senate. None. I don’t even know if he can muster 50 votes for it. Probably not. But, if he can quietly round up 50 votes, I suggest that this is the issue that should be used to attack the filibuster. If Obama wants to really expend his political capital, addressing climate change is the issue he should expend it on.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
- The Next Government Shutdown Will Be Far Worse Than the Last One 3 comments | posted on September 16, 2019
- Why the Location of Trump’s Silicon Valley Fundraiser Is a Secret 12 comments | posted on September 17, 2019
- Benjamin Netanyahu May Have Lost Power and Soon His Freedom 12 comments | posted on September 18, 2019
- How Red States are Turning Blue in the Era of Trump 11 comments | posted on September 17, 2019
- Has Trump Finally Gone Too Far? 19 comments | posted on September 20, 2019
- Some Advice for Democrats Unsure of How to Deal With Trump 12 comments | posted on September 22, 2019
- Man Who Promoted “Imperial Presidency” Dismayed By Imperial President 4 comments | posted on September 20, 2019
- Kamala Harris Puts All Her Chips on Iowa 13 comments | posted on September 19, 2019
- Jerry Falwell Jr. Sends Pictures Of His Half-Naked Wife To His Buddies: Report 0 comments | posted on September 9, 2019
- Welcome Back, My Friends To The Show That Never Ends 3 comments | posted on September 20, 2019