I’m not too informed about the other hostage situation involving the Federal Aviation Administration. But I do know that we cannot continue to reward the Republicans for acting crazy. It’s one thing to bend in order to save the global economy. But it’s quite another to bend in order to keep the FAA from furloughing employees and postponing planned projects. If the Senate folds on this, Obama should veto it. In fact, Obama should throw a raging tantrum and ask the House to come back from their recess to deal with the problem. Now is a perfect time to take a stand. The public is already fed up with Republican intransigence. They’re primed to take the side of aviation workers over these thugs who are compromising the safety of air travel.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
- Republicans Are Too Tied to Trumpism to Fully Renounce Trump 20 comments | posted on January 14, 2021
- My Thoughts on the Second Impeachment of Donald Trump 17 comments | posted on January 14, 2021
- Suddenly Fox News Is In Last Place 7 comments | posted on January 16, 2021
- When A Lie Gets Too Big 10 comments | posted on January 11, 2021
- What Biden Can Learn from Abraham Lincoln’s Inaugural Trip 6 comments | posted on January 12, 2021
- The Failed Tweaker Coup 6 comments | posted on January 17, 2021
- Science is Back, Baby! 5 comments | posted on January 16, 2021
- Trump Did Us a Favor 2 comments | posted on January 9, 2021
- There’s a Good Chance Trump Will Lose an Impeachment Trial 1 comment | posted on January 10, 2021
- The Democrats Can Help Free the GOP from Trump 2 comments | posted on January 8, 2021