Look. Please stop writing these pieces about whether or not Sarah Palin will run for president. And, if you do write them, at least make an honest effort to figure out who it will help and hurt. She hasn’t done any legwork. Her negatives are historic. She’s an imbecile. And she’ll surely quit before she’s technically defeated. I know you have to take a former vice-presidential candidate at least somewhat seriously, but I’d rather hear speculation about Dan Quayle, frankly. He’s a far more serious and qualified person than Palin. She hasn’t made the faintest sign that she’s running, despite what Karl Rove says. And the only threat she poses is to other candidates who are relying on her know-nothing constituency.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
- Republicans Are Too Tied to Trumpism to Fully Renounce Trump 20 comments | posted on January 14, 2021
- My Thoughts on the Second Impeachment of Donald Trump 17 comments | posted on January 14, 2021
- Suddenly Fox News Is In Last Place 7 comments | posted on January 16, 2021
- When A Lie Gets Too Big 10 comments | posted on January 11, 2021
- What Biden Can Learn from Abraham Lincoln’s Inaugural Trip 6 comments | posted on January 12, 2021
- The Failed Tweaker Coup 6 comments | posted on January 17, 2021
- Science is Back, Baby! 5 comments | posted on January 16, 2021
- Trump Did Us a Favor 2 comments | posted on January 9, 2021
- There’s a Good Chance Trump Will Lose an Impeachment Trial 1 comment | posted on January 10, 2021
- The Democrats Can Help Free the GOP from Trump 2 comments | posted on January 8, 2021