Well, we lost power around 2pm today. My iPhone is my only link to the Internet. The snow is heavy and if you stand outside our log cabin in the woods, you can hear a big oak tree come down in the forest about once every ten minutes. We’ve already lost at least a half dozen trees on our property, and possibly many times that number. We have no running water and i am typing by the light of my head lamp. It’s down to 58 degrees in the house. I have no idea when we’ll have power again. There are so many trees dropping that it wouldn’t stay on even if they fixed it.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
- When A Lie Gets Too Big 11 comments | posted on January 11, 2021
- Republicans Are Too Tied to Trumpism to Fully Renounce Trump 14 comments | posted on January 14, 2021
- My Thoughts on the Second Impeachment of Donald Trump 17 comments | posted on January 14, 2021
- What Biden Can Learn from Abraham Lincoln’s Inaugural Trip 6 comments | posted on January 12, 2021
- There’s a Good Chance Trump Will Lose an Impeachment Trial 10 comments | posted on January 10, 2021
- Suddenly Fox News Is In Last Place 6 comments | posted on January 16, 2021
- Science is Back, Baby! 5 comments | posted on January 16, 2021
- Trump Did Us a Favor 2 comments | posted on January 9, 2021
- The Democrats Can Help Free the GOP from Trump 2 comments | posted on January 8, 2021
- The Failed Tweaker Coup 1 comment | posted on January 17, 2021