What could possibly go wrong? It’s good to know that our government is running one of the biggest money laundering operations on the planet for the benefit of Mexican drug cartels that have killed literally tens of thousands of people in recent years. The idea is that we can learn who the big players are by following the money. That’s great in theory, but where are the results? Any sane objective person would conclude that the answer isn’t to compromise ourselves by doing business with some of the most evil criminals on the face of the Earth, but to end the War on Drugs and take away all their business. But, no, no politician has the courage to do that. Well, maybe a few have the courage, but no more than a handful. Our country is run by cowards and imbeciles. Even the people who want to do the right thing don’t have the power to do it.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
January 27, 2014
March 12, 2015
August 13, 2019
- Elizabeth Warren Just Brass-Knuckled Bernie Sanders 5 comments | posted on January 14, 2020
- Texas's Racial Panic is Showing 6 comments | posted on January 11, 2020
- Pelosi Calls Trump a Traitor and Sends Articles to Senate 10 comments | posted on January 15, 2020
- How Far Will the GOP Go to Avert Defeat in 2020? 2 comments | posted on January 9, 2020
- The Goal of Impeachment is To Remove An Unfit President 7 comments | posted on January 13, 2020
- Lev Parnas Will Be Central in Any Real Impeachment Trial 8 comments | posted on January 15, 2020
- Ruminations on Soleimani and the Middle East 8 comments | posted on January 12, 2020
- An Oligarchy, If You Can Keep It 1 comment | posted on January 16, 2020
- Susan Collins Sounds Like a McConnell Spoiler 8 comments | posted on January 10, 2020
- Michael Bloomberg Will Be the Elephant at the Democratic Debate 3 comments | posted on January 14, 2020