The New York Post says that Chris Christie would have been the veep pick but he wouldn’t agree to Romney’s demand that he resign as governor of New Jersey to focus on the campaign. That sounds like a lot of crap. My guess is that Christie wasn’t picked because he weighs 400 pounds and he’d rub critical midwesterners the wrong way. Trust me. We Jersey Boys don’t sell that well in the Midwest. We’re too blunt and it’s taken as rudeness.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
- The Next Government Shutdown Will Be Far Worse Than the Last One 4 comments | posted on September 16, 2019
- Jerry Falwell Jr. Sends Pictures Of His Half-Naked Wife To His Buddies: Report 3 comments | posted on September 9, 2019
- The Middle Eastern Powder Keg is About to Blow 9 comments | posted on September 15, 2019
- Why 2020 Will Be a Persuasion Rather Than a Turnout Election 15 comments | posted on September 12, 2019
- Although They’re Basically Tied, Warren is in a Much Better Position than Sanders 15 comments | posted on September 11, 2019
- Is the North Carolina GOP the Future of the National Party? 6 comments | posted on September 12, 2019
- What’s the Future for Those Who Don’t Win the Democratic Nomination? 22 comments | posted on September 13, 2019
- John Bolton is Bad at Revenge 5 comments | posted on September 14, 2019
- I Forgot To Remember to Never Forget 6 comments | posted on September 11, 2019
- Lunatic Fires Warmonger, People Rejoice 3 comments | posted on September 10, 2019