Started as a comment but expanded into a diary.
‘Domestic Security Alliance Council’ Killed OWS
Shiit … on Obama’s Watch!
FBI Report Mentions Plot To Kill Occupy Protesters
By DS Wright | FDL | Dec. 31, 2012 |
“An identified [redacted] of October planned to engage in sniper attacks against protestors in Houston, Texas, if deemed necessary. An identified [redacted] had received intelligence that indicated the protesters in New York and Seattle planned similar protests in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin, Texas. [Redacted] planned to gather intelligence against the leaders of the protest groups and obtain photographs then formulate a plan to kill the leadership via suppressed sniper rifles.
(Note: protests continued throughout the weekend with approximately 6000 persons in NYC. ‘Occupy Wall Street’ protests have spread to about half of all states in the US, over a dozen European and Asian cities, including protests in Cleveland 10/6-8/11 at Willard Park which was initially attended by hundreds of protesters).”(Page 61)
It remains unclear as to who or what this report is referring to, yet the FBI decided to disclose it under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to the Partnership For Civil Justice Fund – the document is on page 61.
All that is known is that this individual/group was identified by the FBI as having a plan to kill Occupy Protesters. Who was involved? How far did this plot go? Will there be charges?
Was the Government Prepared to Deploy Snipers If the Occupy Protests Gained Momentum?
Washington Blog | Aug. 19, 2014 |
When the Houston Police department was asked about its knowledge of the plot, public affairs officer Keith Smith said it “hadn’t heard about it” and directed future questions to the Houston FBI office.
The obvious question to ask in attempting to determine the identities of the planners is this: Who has sniper training? A number of Texas law enforcement organizations received special training from Dallas-based mercenary company Craft International, which has a contract for training services with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The company was founded by a celebrated Army sniper who was killed by a combat veteran he accompanied to a shooting range.
Remington Alessi, an Occupy Houston activist who played a prominent role in the protests and hails from a law enforcement family, agrees with attorney Kennedy that the plot likely did not originate with a right-wing group. “If it had been that, the FBI would have acted on it,” he said. “I believe the sniper attack was one strategy being discussed for dealing with the occupation.”
A new Army report may shed light on the sniper issue. As Paul Joseph Watson reports:
A document released by the U.S. Army details preparations for “full scale riots” within the United States during which troops may be forced to engage in a “lethal response” to deal with unruly crowds of demonstrators.
If this sounds hard to believe, remember that:
- According to Department of Defense training manuals, all protest is now considered “low-level terrorism”. And see this, this and this
- An Army colonel has written a paper advocating military methods for “crushing” a Tea Party type insurgency
- Questioning government policy or “mainstream ideologies”, or challenging big bank policies can get you labeled a potential terrorist in America today. Indeed, for at least 40 years, the government has arbitrarily relabeled dissent as “terrorism” so it could go after dissenters
- The U.S. government has long used anti-terror laws to crush dissent and protect the powers-that-be
- Highly-militarized, federally-coordinated police used such brutal violence to break up the Occupy protests (see this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this and this) that the Egyptian military used the crack down on Occupy as justification for the murder of protesters in Tahir Square, Egypt.