So what’s in the news today by MSM and what topics are deemed of no importance in the War On Terror (WOT)TM
From al-Qaeda flowing into ISIL or ISIS in the Levant and now expressed as Daesh in the Arab world. The complete false notion from the Obama administration before the 2012 election that al-Qaeda terror was defeated, faithfully repeated on the liberal blogs and just a minority calling it erroneous.
More than 27 have been killed and dozens injured after two gunmen armed with Kalashnikov rifles stormed the private beaches of two hotels. According to Interior Ministry spokesman Mohamed Ali Aroui, 27 people have been confirmed dead at the attack in Sousse.
Among the hotels involved is the five-star Imperial Marhaba hotel. Sousse is one of Tunisia’s most popular beach resorts and attracts many tourists from across the globe.
According to initial reports, tourists are among those killed. Photographs circulating on social media showed at least two dead bodies of men in swimsuits on the sand, while others showed tourists barricading themselves inside their rooms. It is unclear whether the gunmen have been killed or whether they managed to flee the scene.
Tunisia had been on high alert after gunmen attacked the Bardo museum in Tunis in March, killing 22 people including tourists. ISIS had claimed responsibility for the attack.
The attack is the third deadly terror attack on Friday. A suicide bomber struck a mosque in Kuwait during Friday prayers, while in France, gunmen decapitated one factory worker in Lyon.
DUBAI (UAE) – At least 16 killed and many people wounded when a suicide bomber blew himself up at a Shiite Muslim mosque packed with some 2,000 worshippers during Friday prayers in Kuwait city, a witness said. According to initial witness reports, eight people were killed in the explosion. But agency reports revised the death toll upwards to 16.
“The initial count for the casualties is that at least 16 dead, and 25 have been taken to hospital,” a medical source said.
Daesh claimed what was the first-ever bombing of a Shiite mosque in Kuwait and the first terror attack in the Gulf state since January 2006.
Daesh claims attack
A Daesh terror group branch that refers to itself as the “Islamic State in the Province of Najd” (central Saudi Arabia) claimed responsibility for the attack on the mosque. Najd Province claimed similar bombings at Shiite mosques in Saudi Arabia in recent weeks.
The day started in Brussels where the EU leadership discussed topics the financial crisis in the Eurozone and Greece and the migrants floating towards Europe from Africa and the Middle-East. EU Navy ships should sink the boats used to transport migrants from Libya to Italy and from Turkey to Greece. A number of European nations want to close their borders and don’t want to accept any more migrants. Liberal Europe showing its ugly face, pushed by the right-wing anti-EU and anti-immigrants parties.
According to regional daily Le Dauphiné Libéré, the attacker entered the factory, owned by US company Air Products in the town of Saint-Quentin-Fallavier, claiming he belonged to the Islamic State (IS) group. The man opened gas bottles and set off an explosion.
A man thought to be the person who carried out the attack has been arrested and identified. Police said it was unclear whether the attacker was acting alone, or had accomplices.
French Prime Minister Manuel Valls has ordered tightened security measures on all “sensitive sites” in the region. French President François Hollande is cutting short a meeting in Brussels to return to Paris, where he expected to arrive by early afternoon.
Not in the MSM news today: ISIS kills 145 civilians in Kobane, Syria
Continued below the fold …
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) fighters killed at least 145 civilians in an attack on the Syrian town of Kobane and a nearby village. The attack on the predominantly Kurdish town of Kobane and the nearby village of Brakh Bootan marked the biggest single massacre of civilians by ISIL in Syria since it killed hundreds of members of the Sunni Sheitaat tribe last year.
Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu held a phone conversation with the U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry June 26 over the recent developments in Turkey’s Syrian border. The two ministers discussed recent attacks, according to a Turkish official.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu have both vehemently denied as “propaganda” accusations that ISIL was allowed to cross from Turkey into Syria to launch a fresh assault on the symbolic battleground town of Kobane.
Erdoğan and Davutoğlu also separately delivered statements accusing the Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) of “provocation” after it blamed the deadly attack in Kobane on Turkish state support for the ISIL fighters.
The Special Representative of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission (SRCC) for Somalia and Head of AMISOM, Ambassador Maman Sidikou has condemned the dawn attack on an AMISOM Base in the town of Leego, by Al Shabaab militants.
“This attack will not diminish our resolve to continue to support the Somali Government and people until they are free from terrorism”, said Ambassador Sidikou.
AMISOM will continue with the Joint Operations with the Somalia National Army (SNA) to liberate any other parts of Somalia still under Al Shabaab domination in order to pacify the entire country so that the Somali people can go about their day-to-day life and business in peace and in freedom.