[Moon of Alabama] Recent “Official” Washington headlines:
- U.S. to Putin: Welcome to the ISIS ‘Quagmire’ – Sep 29
- Obama: Russia heading for ‘quagmire’ in Syria – Oct 2
- Russia’s ‘quagmire’ destroys all hope of defeating ISIS – Oct 16
- Russians support airstrikes in Syria, despite haunting memories of quagmire in Afghanistan – Oct 20
- Russia risks Syrian quagmire -U.S. deputy secretary of state – Oct 31
- The Syrian quagmire – Nov 3
- Putin’s Quagmire in Syria Proves Obama Prescient – Dec 9
- Putin’s Middle East Misadventures – Dec 11
- Is Syria Already A Quagmire For Putin? – Dec 12
The above was all nonsense and propaganda. It represented the typical self delusion of the Washington establishment. The Russian government and military knew exactly what they were doing. After some 100 days of Russian military support for the Syrian government the results are coming in. They look well.
The Islamic State lost most of its oil income and is reduced in its capabilities.
The Syrian army and its allies are progressing against they various enemies on several fronts.
In detail, this map proves my point, Jabhat al-Nusra controls the area along the Golan Heights and the terror group has breached the UN armistice lines. It also shows the poor state of the rebel held areas overall in Syria and the dominance of Hezbollah fighters along the Lebanese/Syrian border.
The costs of Russia’s expedition is relatively small. This reality is now setting in.
Correspondent Elijah J. Magnier @EjmAlrai
Unlike so many western analysts, #ISIS
Baghdadi confesses “the loss of many
lands”, asking his followers to have
patience & seek martyrdom.
« click for more info
Official English translation Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi address [pdf] (@p_vanostaeyen)
Killing Zahran Allouch indicates the work
of a combination of HUMINT and SIGINT
by #Damascus ops room (incl #Russia