Let’s dispense with the good/shitty by comparison way of judging or memorializing former presidents. Shitty presidents are shitty presidents, and we usually have shitty presidents. When they die, we shouldn’t say that they really weren’t all that shitty compared to Nixon or Dubya or Trump. We should say they were basically shitty.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
- McConnell Loses Every Round and Still Wins on the Scorecard 18 comments | posted on January 22, 2020
- Mitch McConnell is Weak and Stupid 8 comments | posted on January 21, 2020
- Here's Why Mitch McConnell is Giving Us a Scam Trial 13 comments | posted on January 21, 2020
- Trump Humiliates the United States at Davos 3 comments | posted on January 21, 2020
- Devin Nunes Could Definitely Be Defeated 3 comments | posted on January 19, 2020
- The Republicans Struggle to Keep Their Base in a Bubble 3 comments | posted on January 23, 2020
- No One Has a Clue Who Will Win the Iowa Caucuses 4 comments | posted on January 20, 2020
- What's the Point? 9 comments | posted on January 24, 2020
- Is Stupidity a Valid Defense for Trump? 4 comments | posted on January 24, 2020
- Trump's Legal Team is a Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy 2 comments | posted on January 17, 2020