Let’s dispense with the good/shitty by comparison way of judging or memorializing former presidents. Shitty presidents are shitty presidents, and we usually have shitty presidents. When they die, we shouldn’t say that they really weren’t all that shitty compared to Nixon or Dubya or Trump. We should say they were basically shitty.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
- Opposition to Trump is Now at Volcanic Levels 19 comments | posted on August 2, 2020
- A Dude on Twitter Who Got Elected President 5 comments | posted on August 4, 2020
- A Big Biden Win Will Make the Country Less Polarized and More Governable 6 comments | posted on August 3, 2020
- Jerry Falwell Jr. Sends Pictures Of His Half-Naked Wife To His Buddies: Report 0 comments | posted on September 9, 2019
- Conservatives Would Lose a Civil War 14 comments | posted on August 6, 2020
- Trump Finally Realized His Attack on Mail Voting Was Costing Him 2 comments | posted on August 6, 2020
- Trump Wants Brazil to Help Him Win Iowa 2 comments | posted on August 1, 2020
- Running Mates Won’t Determine the Winner of this Election 11 comments | posted on August 5, 2020
- Undermining Faith in Our Elections Raises Constitutional Concerns 4 comments | posted on August 5, 2020
- Pelosi is in the Catbird’s Seat 3 comments | posted on August 7, 2020