I’m off to another chess tournament. The child won the last night so that was fun. There is so much to write about, all of it bad news for Trump. I continue to think that the worst is yet to come and that if Trump is going to be removed from office it will be because of things that Lev Parnas has to say. The news that came out yesterday came from many angles, but they all converge on the fact that the president never tells the truth. Ever. The trial of Roger Stone demonstrated this just as well as the Secret Service revealing that the plot to host the G-7 at Trump’s Doral resort was a last minute addition rather than anything like what Mick Mulvaney described in his press conference. The president continues to suggest that he doesn’t know people who has met with privately and repeatedly, including people who are on trial for committing serious felonies. This is going to be his downfall if he’s going to have a downfall.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
September 10, 2020
March 18, 2011
December 22, 2019
- Trump Did Us a Favor 15 comments | posted on January 9, 2021
- There’s a Good Chance Trump Will Lose an Impeachment Trial 14 comments | posted on January 10, 2021
- When A Lie Gets Too Big 11 comments | posted on January 11, 2021
- Republicans Are Too Tied to Trumpism to Fully Renounce Trump 11 comments | posted on January 14, 2021
- My Thoughts on the Second Impeachment of Donald Trump 17 comments | posted on January 14, 2021
- What Biden Can Learn from Abraham Lincoln’s Inaugural Trip 6 comments | posted on January 12, 2021
- The Democrats Can Help Free the GOP from Trump 11 comments | posted on January 8, 2021
- There’s Bipartisan Support for Holding Trump to Account for January 6 1 comment | posted on January 7, 2021
- Should Mitt Romney Just Switch Parties 0 comments | posted on January 2, 2021
- Midweek Cafe and Lounge, Vol. 196 8 comments | posted on January 13, 2021