I’m off to another chess tournament. The child won the last night so that was fun. There is so much to write about, all of it bad news for Trump. I continue to think that the worst is yet to come and that if Trump is going to be removed from office it will be because of things that Lev Parnas has to say. The news that came out yesterday came from many angles, but they all converge on the fact that the president never tells the truth. Ever. The trial of Roger Stone demonstrated this just as well as the Secret Service revealing that the plot to host the G-7 at Trump’s Doral resort was a last minute addition rather than anything like what Mick Mulvaney described in his press conference. The president continues to suggest that he doesn’t know people who has met with privately and repeatedly, including people who are on trial for committing serious felonies. This is going to be his downfall if he’s going to have a downfall.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
March 19, 2020
October 7, 2020
October 9, 2019
- New Coronavirus Spike is Hitting Trump in the Polls 22 comments | posted on October 19, 2020
- Bill Stepien’s Stiff Upper Lip 9 comments | posted on October 16, 2020
- There’s No Alternate Universe Where Trump Was a Better President 12 comments | posted on October 16, 2020
- Is Arizona Already Blue? 14 comments | posted on October 17, 2020
- State of the Race: Almost All Positive 11 comments | posted on October 21, 2020
- Third Party Candidates Could Determine Control of the Senate 3 comments | posted on October 19, 2020
- Ben Sasse Speaks Up, So Why Don’t the Other Republican Senators? 7 comments | posted on October 15, 2020
- Working At Fox News Can Taint You Forever 2 comments | posted on October 15, 2020
- Rudy Giuliani’s Burisma October Surprise is a Big Nothingburger 2 comments | posted on October 14, 2020
- Yeah, We Gotta Pack the Court 3 comments | posted on October 14, 2020