Yes, Bush’s poll numbers are now at their lowest levels ever measured by CBS News. He sits at a 37% approval rating.

President George W. Bush’s overall job approval rating has reached the lowest ever measured in this poll, and evaluations of his handling of Iraq, the economy and even his signature issue, terrorism, are also at all-time lows.

No wonder so many Republicans rats are leaving the sinking ship that this administration has become.

Here are some other numbers:

  • 69% say the country is on the wrong track.
  • 79% of Republicans still say they approve of Bush’s performance (they’re obviously all on crack)
  • 84% of Democrats disapprove (find that remaining 16% and set them straight!)
  • 32% approve of Bush’s handling of Iraq
  • 32% approve of his handling of the economy
  • 45% approve of his handling of Katrina (that’s down from 54%)

“And for the first time in this poll, fewer than half the public approves of the way he is handling the campaign against terrorism. 46 percent now approve, but 46 percent disapprove.”

The CBS Poll offers more numbers in various categories to examine the public reaction to the Bush presidency and policies, but all you really need to know is that Americans are not happy – about much at all.

The Dems have a lead on support in Congress:

“Party loyalty plays a role: Democrats tend to see Democrats in Congress favorably, while Republicans see members from their party that way. Independents see both parties in a negative light, but more hold unfavorable views of Republicans than Democrats.”

That’s encouraging!

Now get out there and let’s bring that Bush approval rating down to 14% by Christmas. I know you can do it.

Update [2005-10-7 18:56:38 by catnip]:: More bad news for Bush

According to an AP-IPSOS poll, Bush is losing his base.

Among those most likely to have lost confidence about the nation’s direction over the past year are white evangelicals, down 30 percentage points since November, Republican women, down 28 points, Southerners, down 26 points, and suburban men, down 20 points.

The AP-IPSOS poll has Bush’s approval rating at 39%.

0 0 votes
Article Rating