Sensenbrenner to Conyers: “Piss Off” — Hearings Commence Tomorrow
“On Thursday June 16, 2005, from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Room HC-9 of the U.S. Capitol, Rep. John Conyers, Jr., Ranking Member of the House Judiciary Committee, and other Congress Members will hold a hearing on the Downing Street Minutes and related evidence of efforts to cook the books on pre-war intelligence. The hearings had been planned for the Democratic National Committee offices because the Republicans controlling the House Judiciary Committee had refused to permit the ranking Democratic Member to use a large room on the Hill”Move to a lagrer room on the Hill
This was clearly an attempt to dimish the importance of the hearing, and to incovenience Committe members as far as possible. These age old tactice. Jeus was born in cave, and it worked out just fine.
This does not indicate any change in position from the Republicans.
What to Expect At The Hearings:
Joe Wilson, Former Ambassador and WMD Expert; Ray McGovern, 27-year CIA analyst who prepared regular Presidential briefings during the Reagan administration; Cindy Sheehan, mother of fallen American soldier; John Bonifaz, renowned constitutional lawyer and co-founder of AfterDowningStreet.org.
What They Will Be Looking At the Hearing:
- DAVID MANNING; “WHAT ABOUT THE MORNING AFTER?” ACCOUNT OF HIS DINNER IN CRAWFORD TEXAS WITH CONDI RICE.
- THE DOWNING STREET MINUTES The Downing Street Minutes; JULY 23; 2002
- THE GOLDSMITH MARCH 2003 OPINION THE GOLDSMITH MARCH 2003 OPINION
4. WILMSHURST’S RESIGNATION LETTER
5. BBC INTERVIEW WITH MEYER 2001
- BBC INTERVIEW WITH MEYER 2004
7. BBC TRANSCRIPT: IRAQ: TONY & THE TRUTH
US: O’NEILL AND CLARKE BACK UP ACCOUNT IN THE MINUTES:
UK GOVERNMET REPORTS
1. SEXED UP SEPTEMBER DOSSIER
2. DIS EXPRESSED CONCERNS ABOUT COOKING INTEL
3. ACCESIBLE HUTTON INQUIRY EVIDENCE
4. THE FORGED INTELLIGENCE DOSSIER ON IRAQ
5. “THE PUBLIC MUST LOOK INTO WHAT IS MISSING IN REPORT” Scott Ritter
6. DOSSIER NOTHING LIKE REALITY: UN CHIEF INSPECTOR
7. BLAIR USES BUTLER REPORT TO BACK UP CLAIMS IRAQ WAR LEGAL; House of Commons, 14th July, 2004.
NEWS REPORTS 2001-2005
“Political language… is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.”George Orwell, Politics and the English Languange
1. Failure Is Not An Option”;Telegraph; 18 September, 2004
- RAF Bombing Raids Tried to Goad Saddam Into War”
; May 29, Times On Line
- “Blair Hit By New Leak of Secret War Plan“; May 1, 2005; Times On Line
4. “Blair Planned Iraq War From The Start” May 1, 2005
- “The Downing Street Minutes That Lasted A Month” June 9, 2005
1. “Spies Threaten Tony Blair With ‘Smoking Gun’ Over IraQ” Sengupta & Smith; Independent; June 2003
Among those speaking at the rally will be:
Congressman John Conyers (schedule permitting); Congresswoman Barbara Lee (schedule permitting); Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey (schedule permitting); Congressman Maurice Hinchey (schedule permitting); Cindy Sheehan, Co-Founder of Gold Star Families for Peace; John Bonifaz, Co-Founder of AfterDowningStreet.org; Medea Benjamin, Co-Founder of Global Exchange; Stephen Cleghorn, Member of Military Families Speak Out; Rev. Lennox Yearwood, Board Member of Progressive Democrats of America; Ray McGovern, former CIA analyst; Reg Keys, Member of Military Families Against the War, challenger to Tony Blair in last election (flying in from UK); William Rivers Pitt, Reporter for Progressive Democrats of America; Leslie Cagan, National Coordinator of United for Peace and Justice; Kevin Zeese, Director of Democracy Rising
We haven’t yet got the final tally of Coners’ letters signed through MoveOn.or, but it is well over 500,000 Americans, with 89 members of Congress signimg.
JOIN THE COALITION SEEKING RESOLUTION OF INQUIRy
(Apian’s Note: Hearings Will Be Broadcast on C-Span)