My thoughts are with the Biden family as they mourn the loss of their son Beau, who died much too young of brain cancer at the age of forty-six. It’s painful to contemplate the idea that Joe Biden will have to bury another one of his children. He’s endured far too much personal loss in his life. I just hope he knows that there are a lot of us out here who have been inspired by how he’s managed to confront the most crippling tragedy and still live a purposeful life full of meaning with grace, humor, and dignity. I know that losing Beau will be a tremendous new challenge for him and his wife Jill, and I hope they get the support that they’re going to need. My thoughts are also with Beau’s wife Hallie, and their two children, Natalie and Hunter.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
- Jerry Falwell Jr. Sends Pictures Of His Half-Naked Wife To His Buddies: Report 0 comments | posted on September 9, 2019
- Opposition to Trump is Now at Volcanic Levels 19 comments | posted on August 2, 2020
- A Dude on Twitter Who Got Elected President 5 comments | posted on August 4, 2020
- Conservatives Would Lose a Civil War 14 comments | posted on August 6, 2020
- Pelosi is in the Catbird’s Seat 9 comments | posted on August 7, 2020
- A Big Biden Win Will Make the Country Less Polarized and More Governable 6 comments | posted on August 3, 2020
- Trump Finally Realized His Attack on Mail Voting Was Costing Him 2 comments | posted on August 6, 2020
- Undermining Faith in Our Elections Raises Constitutional Concerns 4 comments | posted on August 5, 2020
- Running Mates Won’t Determine the Winner of this Election 11 comments | posted on August 5, 2020
- Trump Wants Brazil to Help Him Win Iowa 1 comment | posted on August 1, 2020