My birthday is almost over, but I have to say that the best gift I received was delivered by David Corn. Thanks, David, you made my day!! The most remarkable thing about what has happened in the presidential campaign is how the right has peeled away from Romney and started attacking him. The only comfort Romney is getting is from folks who actually like what he said at that May fundraiser and want him to double or triple down on those remarks. In other words, the Tea Party racists are the only people still in Romney’s camp. And that means that the Tea Party is going to own this defeat. The GOP Establishment will line up behind Jeb Bush on Nov. 7. But they will discover that they no longer control the Grand Old Party at all.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
- Trump is a Spent Force and Should Step Aside 20 comments | posted on June 1, 2020
- The Country is Ablaze 12 comments | posted on May 30, 2020
- As Trump Flails, Surprising Critics Emerge 4 comments | posted on May 27, 2020
- Harry Enten is Wrong, Elizabeth Warren Makes a Lot of Sense 9 comments | posted on May 31, 2020
- Facebook’s Indulgence of Trump is Going to Cost Them 9 comments | posted on June 1, 2020
- The Congressional Republicans Have a Death Wish 9 comments | posted on June 2, 2020
- Trump is Turning the Republican National Convention into His Latest Debacle 10 comments | posted on June 3, 2020
- Trump’s Visit to St. John’s Church Was an Iconic Mistake 8 comments | posted on June 2, 2020
- Winning Support from Suburban Republicans is Key for Biden 9 comments | posted on May 28, 2020
- The Empire State Building is a Model for All of Us 5 comments | posted on May 28, 2020