My birthday is almost over, but I have to say that the best gift I received was delivered by David Corn. Thanks, David, you made my day!! The most remarkable thing about what has happened in the presidential campaign is how the right has peeled away from Romney and started attacking him. The only comfort Romney is getting is from folks who actually like what he said at that May fundraiser and want him to double or triple down on those remarks. In other words, the Tea Party racists are the only people still in Romney’s camp. And that means that the Tea Party is going to own this defeat. The GOP Establishment will line up behind Jeb Bush on Nov. 7. But they will discover that they no longer control the Grand Old Party at all.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
- Republicans Are Too Tied to Trumpism to Fully Renounce Trump 20 comments | posted on January 14, 2021
- My Thoughts on the Second Impeachment of Donald Trump 17 comments | posted on January 14, 2021
- Suddenly Fox News Is In Last Place 7 comments | posted on January 16, 2021
- When A Lie Gets Too Big 10 comments | posted on January 11, 2021
- What Biden Can Learn from Abraham Lincoln’s Inaugural Trip 6 comments | posted on January 12, 2021
- The Failed Tweaker Coup 6 comments | posted on January 17, 2021
- Science is Back, Baby! 5 comments | posted on January 16, 2021
- Trump Did Us a Favor 2 comments | posted on January 9, 2021
- There’s a Good Chance Trump Will Lose an Impeachment Trial 1 comment | posted on January 10, 2021
- The Democrats Can Help Free the GOP from Trump 2 comments | posted on January 8, 2021