I don’t particularly care about Melania Trump one way or the other, but I don’t like to see her humiliated publicly. I take Trump’s infidelity as a given, and I guess the fact that he continues to lie about it should be a mark against him, but the state of his marriage isn’t something that interests me or that I think should be used as cudgel against him. On the other hand, the fact that he paid a ransom to keep this affair secret does have relevancy to whether or not he is subject to blackmail and in the habit of giving things of value to people to keep his secrets.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
- State of the Race: Almost All Positive 15 comments | posted on October 21, 2020
- Biden Was Always the Right Fit for 2020 28 comments | posted on October 24, 2020
- Why Won’t Mitch McConnell Explain What’s Wrong With His Health? 11 comments | posted on October 23, 2020
- Does Trump Know Why He Can’t Answer the Pre-Existing Condition Question? 13 comments | posted on October 22, 2020
- New Coronavirus Spike is Hitting Trump in the Polls 14 comments | posted on October 19, 2020
- The Curse of The Trump Moneymen 3 comments | posted on October 23, 2020
- Trump’s Sequel Cannot Compete With Borat’s Subsequent Moviefilm 3 comments | posted on October 26, 2020
- Third Party Candidates Could Determine Control of the Senate 1 comment | posted on October 19, 2020
- Jerry Falwell Jr. Sends Pictures Of His Half-Naked Wife To His Buddies: Report 0 comments | posted on September 9, 2019
- There’s No Alternate Universe Where Trump Was a Better President 1 comment | posted on October 16, 2020