I don’t particularly care about Melania Trump one way or the other, but I don’t like to see her humiliated publicly. I take Trump’s infidelity as a given, and I guess the fact that he continues to lie about it should be a mark against him, but the state of his marriage isn’t something that interests me or that I think should be used as cudgel against him. On the other hand, the fact that he paid a ransom to keep this affair secret does have relevancy to whether or not he is subject to blackmail and in the habit of giving things of value to people to keep his secrets.
About The Author
Martin Longman is the web editor of the Washington Monthly. He is also the founder of Booman Tribune and Progress Pond. Before joining the Monthly, Martin was a county coordinator for ACORN/Project Vote and a political consultant. He has a degree in philosophy from Western Michigan University.
- There’s a Good Chance Trump Will Lose an Impeachment Trial 14 comments | posted on January 10, 2021
- When A Lie Gets Too Big 11 comments | posted on January 11, 2021
- Republicans Are Too Tied to Trumpism to Fully Renounce Trump 14 comments | posted on January 14, 2021
- My Thoughts on the Second Impeachment of Donald Trump 17 comments | posted on January 14, 2021
- What Biden Can Learn from Abraham Lincoln’s Inaugural Trip 6 comments | posted on January 12, 2021
- Trump Did Us a Favor 8 comments | posted on January 9, 2021
- Suddenly Fox News Is In Last Place 5 comments | posted on January 16, 2021
- The Democrats Can Help Free the GOP from Trump 3 comments | posted on January 8, 2021
- There’s Bipartisan Support for Holding Trump to Account for January 6 1 comment | posted on January 7, 2021
- Midweek Cafe and Lounge, Vol. 196 10 comments | posted on January 13, 2021